Flip Air Resistance Force

Chungz

Hi guys, I having an idea on creating sort of a "split" effect with flip, which the particles will somehow randomly lost some velocity while traveling and drag a trail behind it. 

with this basic concept, I start with a sphere and turn it into emitter. 

Then I simply add an initial velocity on X-axis and what I got is a water ball travelling toward X-axis. 

I was expecting the particles will face some "air resistance" force and start to slow down. But it didn't. 

I tried with drag field or field force, but somehow I not sure if I didn't get the right setting, the result just not what I expecting.

Anyone can give me some suggestion regarding this? 

Sorry if I asked a stupid question. Still getting into it. 

Edited by Chungz

Hey can help you more if you upload your file cuz I don't know what exactly what youre going for. Do you just want a trail behind particles that gets smaller or a force that will do it on a large field of particles to control the overall shape?

here is just a tear droplet shape made by controlling pscale with an age ramp. if you want a liquid ball instead of a sim you can just do this with an add sop and a single point or w/e

drps.hip

Edited by alksndr

Hi Aleksandr,

I have attached my file here. but it's just a very simple file that I wanted to test on the environment air resistant force that collider the outer surface of the flip liquid and make it like slowing down while the center of the clip remain the velocity. So it will form a kind of visual that while the flip liquid ball traveling it will lost velocity at the outer surface.

Much Thanks! 

post-13240-0-68612900-1434350433_thumb.j

waterBall_AirResistance.hipnc

Hey, sry bout this not very much help but maybe its a starting point. Its missing orientation though, depending on how youre gonna use it MAY just be enough though! Hopefully someone more experienced can help, there has to be a better way. Can always play more with the normal direction and see what you get.

If you need it fast, could always just do a 2nd sim and emit some particles backwards off the surface and inherit vel. More control that way i think. Good luck!!

waterBall_AirResistance_idea.hipnc

No, look inside sphere object. Added point vop and fluid source to use that as vel, now instead of just sphere you have this shape which is hopefully a bit closer to what you want:

1gSZjIT.jpg

Of course you can work on the normals some more and get a better shape, it probably needs more noise and more surface tension to get the drops you have in your drawing. Its missing orientation and more work on the normals to get just like your drawing, hopefully someone with more time and knowledge can take it all the way :) Thats all I got for now, sorry I couldn't help !