How to set up a basic boiling effect in flip tank?

huangng

so on the pscale attribute you can you the age to remap attribute using a VOP SOP and a ramp parmateter.

Feed the age attr into a fit node, then feed that into a ramp parameter node then use a bind export node to export that value as the pscale attribute. 

- adjust the max in value of the age node to adjust the range of the ramp parameter and use the ramp to adjust the scale. You cna add additional multiplies into the flow so it adjust the global scaling. 

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

Hey Huang,

here is a simple example of transferring attributes from SOPS to Particle DOPs. I recommend watching form of Peter Quints videos or even having a look at this video which discusses a magma effect.

Hip attached!

Couple things you were a little mis-lead on,

- Each Input on the Flip Solver has a specific purpose, MMB on those inputs to see what should be the input type. 

- viscosity has to be enabled in the flip sim. You can use the self tool in the Particle Fluids tab to set that up.

sop_solver_demo.hip

Hey Huang,

here is a simple example of transferring attributes from SOPS to Particle DOPs. I recommend watching form of Peter Quints videos or even having a look at this video which discusses a magma effect.

Hip attached!

- Each Input on the Flip Solver has a specific purpose, MMB on those inputs to see what should be the input type. 

- viscosity has to be enabled in the flip sim. You can use the self tool in the Particle Fluids tab to set that up.

Nice job,paxsonsa.  

And , If we want more  authentic effect. Should the bubbles  blast away . how to do that?

Hey Huang,

Hip attached!

Thanks Paxsonsa, I am really happy with this result. 

I watched this tut you recommended, I follow this with POPVOP but I can got the result. Actually, i never use Sop solver for effect.

I am self-taught houdini, i cannot get full knowledge when i do not touch it.

Edited by huangng

Nice job,paxsonsa.  

And , If we want more  authentic effect. Should the bubbles  blast away . how to do that?

Hi Rio. if you want bubbles blast away, you can kill the particle when they go upper the surface, you can modified the age and pscale in VOPSOP