DIVERSIO

fencer

hi!

It's always a big challenge to learn a new software from a scratch, in my case it was Houdini.
Through dozens tuts, understanding basic aspects and workflow I decided to try to do something myself.
As I know, this is the best way to learn )

So, I wanted to have a scene to work with maximum aspects: modeling, lighting, shader building, visualization, animation, workflow organization... and of course RBD, particles, pyro...
Finally, I realized, that the scene and design from the Avengers movie will be good to borrow, of course not without my personal vision.

Yes, it was hard to jump from Autodesk workflow to Houdini's, but, to be honest, I fell in love with Houdini XD, sometimes we fought, but I think it's okay.
There were a lot of fails and misunderstanding during work, got over that I learned more, and the more I learned, the more I wanted to try to do next.

Weeks in the evening after work, weekends and holidays.... render, rerender, compositing, sound and here it is!
Big thanks odforce.net, Ari Danesh and SideFx in particular.

! watch in the best quality on http://www.24eff.com/ or download original video from https://vimeo.com/132310854

Edited by fencer
  • Like 1

Congratulations on a solid exploratory piece; it looks like you exercised a few good topics there. 

And welcome to Houdini :)

thanks, Jason

ohh yeah.... a lot of topics)