Pyro, strange artifacts

Juzwa

Hi, 

I'm not sure what kind of problem this is. I guess it's not a sim problem, since the atrifacts that renders are not even on the grids space (the blurry light is outside of the grid!). So somehow it's a mantra od pyro shader problem. This is what I mean:

eCYMHb0.jpg

I get this kind of atrifacts very often. This is an explosion made from the shelf, using some bullet sim as for a source. This kind of artifacts tend to appear of just on few (one, two or three) first frames.

For me it looks like the velocity is affecting the shader in some way, maybe displacement. But even with displacement amplitude set to 0 I still get this strange image

Edited by Juzwa

Hi ,

From looking at the render , looks like the bullet sim you had used for source might be the cause,

1: see if you are rendering out the source geometry along with the pyro out

2: see if you have turned velocity mblur  on ?

and if you think velocity is causing it , put down a train sop, turn the compute velocity on , and test render with small values ?

unless you post  a hip file its hard to judge though

Hi, 

I turned off MB and now it renders properly. Motion blur it taken from the velocity as well, so I still think this is a problem with velocity. Thats great, but finally it would be nice to render out with motionblur. 

As for the trail sop, I don't know how to set i up with pyro cache. I tried trail volumes but it errors out as well.

Here is a file

PyroExplosion7_06.hipnc.hip

The pieces you are emitting from is already moving really fast, ontop of that you are scaling the source velocity on your wave emitter by 50; so naturally the resulting velocity will be insanely high, leading to that spiky motion blur.

yep as skybar says , there is a velocity multiplier in emitter mwave, i had turned it down to 5 and with mblur it works fine !

Hi, 

I turned off MB and now it renders properly. Motion blur it taken from the velocity as well, so I still think this is a problem with velocity. Thats great, but finally it would be nice to render out with motionblur. 

As for the trail sop, I don't know how to set i up with pyro cache. I tried trail volumes but it errors out as well.

Here is a file

PyroExplosion7_Mod_06.hipnc.hip

Edited by xs2222