Poly slice like in Modo

Pancho

Sorry to bother you guys/girls again. But I'm stuck again. Not speaking Houdini fluently yet and need a translator all the time. : )

The loop slice in Modo lets you select some polys and then it cuts through them. I need the same functionality in H14. Select a loop, determine how many edges I want to add and then get the result. I did search the web, but couldn't find anything. Stumbled across the PolySplit node, but it lacks all the inputs I would suspect to get with such a compound.

Can somebody point me please in the right direction?

Cheers

Tom

Thanks! It works, though I guess you can't select an edge loop (e.g. polys) and then use Edge Divide. Selecting all edges parallel to each other needs to be done manually, or? But glad that it works at all. : )

Edited by Pancho

You can but you have to come up with a way to select those shared edges, then pass it onto Edge Divide. Bear in mind Edge Divide is not perfect either so might have to create your own version of that too, especially if you want to shift, manually specify new loop positions like LightWave's BandSaw tool.

Yes sorry if it wasn't clear. Basically if you want to use a poly loop, then you need to select the inner edges which are edge rings, and pass it onto Edge Divide. Edge Divide won't necessarily connect the points correctly though if the edge selection is complex.