Can you trigger an opscript...

I would like to trigger a simple OPscrip when a parameter passes a set value.

I have a null that has its x translation between 0 and 1 used to blend between kinematic solutions and I want to trigger an OPscript to set some values when the null moved past the x value of 2. I can see some issues when the null is past 2 that is may be constantly triggering the OPscript, so i may need a trigger that only works once each time it passes 2.

I would like to trigger a simple OPscrip when a parameter passes a set value.

I have a null that has its x translation between 0 and 1 used to blend between kinematic solutions and I want to trigger an OPscript to set some values when the null moved past the x value of 2. I can see some issues when the null is past 2 that is may be constantly triggering the OPscript, so i may need a trigger that only works once each time it passes 2.

15105[/snapback]

Yip you can - look into the Logic CHOP.

You can use a Math CHOP to subtract 'X' from the channel, and then pipe that into a Logic CHOP. The logic CHOP converts the channels to binary (0/1, on/off), and by default anything greater than zero is a '1', otherwise it's '0'. So by subtracting X from the channel, you're essentially programming in the v > X expression.

A logic CHOP has 4 script parms for different conditions:

- when a 0-1 transistion occurs (off->on)

- when a 1-0 transistion occurs (on->off)

- when 1 (on)

- when 0 (off)

It sounds like you'll want to use 'Off to on'.

Incidently, in order for the script to be executed, the logic CHOP must be cooked - so you'll need to setup a dummy chopf() expression in another op which does cook to get logic to cook.

When I started playing with this i had the issue that I was sampling the whole time line so when I made any changes it would trigger the script if I had it triggering at any time in the time line, so now I am going to switch the fetch to only grab the current frame. as for using a null to fiddle with kinematic solutions, well I want a handle in the view port that is handy. and i want to overload its functionality by having it behave as a button as well. it is to be done as a movement of the null that isn't key framed, just a movement that is deliberate with the available handles.