ZBrush2 updates

eloop

I think the hard part is to take the zspheres and then create a useable surface out of it. I suppose we could try just copying metaballs and polygonizing but I doubt that will yield a useable surface for animation (ie. capture/deform). :)

15198[/snapback]

No, I think you'd have to get a bit cleverer on it than that.

Love to know how their algorithm works. <_<

I saw something in one of their demos that made out it was just a poly extrude but it somehow automatically picked up what face you were extruding based on the position of the spheres.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey Guys,

Yes this is true but the problem is that the Zspheres do not give you good edge loops for orangized meshes. Thats the reason I have not been using it for characters and organic creatures other than trees. lol I would love to see a Quad like system in Lsystems that would seem to do the same thing and faster. lol Although one day it probably won't matter to have organized meshes because the poly counts will get higher and higher even for games.

Ok I had not seen those videos so I take it back it looks like in ZBrush 2.5 that they will have the ability to make organized meshes. Wow man. Some neat features in there. They were suppose to already release version 2.5 but I would not want them to release it before they iron the bugs out so I am not going to complain its just that ZBrush 2.0 does not work on 64 Bit Windows so on my new computer with 4 gigs of ram ZBrush will not work. lol Ugh.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler