FBX Ragdoll Issue (bones disconnect)

Atom

HI All,

I was trying out the new H15 ragdoll system with a custom animated FBX rig. The walk cycle works fine but when I transition to the ragdoll, all the bones fall to the ground and disconnect from one another. In the video tutorials from SideFX this does not happen.

It looks kind of like a bad melt job.

Do bones need to be glued together somehow?

post-12295-0-97804900-1445443858_thumb.j

fbx_ragdoll_issue.zip

Edited by Atom

If you turn on the guide geometry for the crowd object and constraint network, you'll see that there are no constraints holding the ragdoll's rigid bodies together. You should use the Agent Configure Joints SOP in your agent's setup network to set the rotation limits, which are then used by the Agent Constraint Network SOP to build the constraint network for all of the agents in the crowd. You might also want to use the Agent Collision Layer SOP to set up a nice collision layer for the agent.

Thanks for the information.

I do find the Agent Configure Joints a bit discouraging. I have a list of bones that runs off the screen. Do I really have to configure every single bone manually? This seems like a task that a script should do.

I tried the Configure Joints tool along the top but it just errors out. I have tried running the tool repeatedly trying every node variation, as a selection input, to guess at what node this tool expects as input. Each time it produces an error with this message.

post-12295-0-42332300-1445697825_thumb.j

Edited by Atom

From the error message it looks like you didn't select any agent primitive(s).  The tool just puts down an Agent Configure Joints SOP (with the group parameter set according to your selection) and enters the Agent Configure Joints state. The state is probably what you want to use to quickly and interactively set up your joint limits. 

• 4 years later...