smoke emitter should emit smoke only in one direction with more speed

jon3de

Hi,

I have this simple smoke setup. Its a Fluid Container with an emitter and a collision object. 

How can I control the direction of the emitter and its strength / speed what it uses to emit the smoke?

At the moment the emitter just emits the smoke which is falling to the ground. I want it to emit the smoke with a certain speed and in one direction. Its for a  rocket propulsion.

( I follow a tutorial from Rohan Dalvi and just stopped at the smoke part to test some things out )

Unfortunately I did not manage it by my own so I would be thankful for some help. I thought it should be controlled by the "source volume" node in the dop network. Here I tried some stuff with the "Scale Velocity" slider which has no effect. The "Fluid Source" sop in the emitter geo did create two scalar volumes : density and tempererature. Is there maybe a velocity attribute missing?

Of course I do not know if its just the wrong way to set this effect up like this. Maybe I have to use Particle to control the direction? Again I would be thankful for some tips.

kind regards 

Jonathan

post-12840-0-78471000-1447697005_thumb.j

SmokeTest.hipnc

Yes I saw that. But when I check the node with MMB the verlocity vector volume is not listed. Assumed there is a vector volume, I have to manipulate that in the dop network is that right? Can you tell me where exactly because I cant find it. The Scale Velocity slider does not change anything.

Jon

Oh my god ok....now I have it. There has to be a "v" attribute before the  "create_density_volume" sop. This is used for the velocity volume.

Sorry houdini is still a little bit puzzling for me. But I slowly fall in love   :)

thank you for your help!

Jon