Snow Crumbling Sim

Hey guys - working on a hand made of snow crumbling affect got exactly what i want and know how to control it as i please except i dont know how to go about making it crumble from the finger tips then downwards as such - in Maya i guess id use a ramp or texture of some form 

- 

Quick rendered version of the hip file attatched any help would be great! - even if its an explanation or link to tutorial or just fixed hipfile 

Thanks guys

(Cache is huge and thus havent added it too) 

HandDestructionSnow1.hip

- For example im using max speed/accel to keep it still for a few frames (if i could connect these paramteres to a sphere and whatever is outside of the sphere is moving and inside frozen and slowly animate the sphere moving down the arm and thus crumbling - Have no idea how i would do this in Houdini however! 

Don't want to send you off in the wrong direction but; digital tutors has a tutorial on a statue that crumbles over time from the top downwards and the destructible area (if I remember) is determined by an animated collider (a sphere). It floats over the glue constraint network or something like that. It might be worth a look.

• Like 1