Small fluid source problem

mosssi

Hi guys

I'm trying to simulate a flamethrower fire with Pyro but I have some problem with my fluid source size. For example when I put a sphere in my gun nozzle and source fuel from it, I can't see any result in low resolutions and its really hard to work on high res. Also high velocity and buoyancy are two essential parameters for this effect and this is even more dramatic situation. So I think there should be some kind of way to do this correctly.

Thank you for your help

post-14228-0-75686600-1455974080_thumb.j

I would try to emit from a curve or from a particle system. With that you can control the initial velocity, fuel emission and divergence along the curve/particle age.

You will have to fight the nature of fluids for a long time if you are trying to emit from the nozzle only.

Hi mawi, I'm not sure what are you suggesting about curve but if you mean that I could emit from a curve which is along the flame direction and a carve node which can simulate flame start look, I can try it. anyway this is another perspective for me so I will try. Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 2/20/2016 at 1:21 PM, mosssi said:

Hi guys

I'm trying to simulate a flamethrower fire with Pyro but I have some problem with my fluid source size. For example when I put a sphere in my gun nozzle and source fuel from it, I can't see any result in low resolutions and its really hard to work on high res. Also high velocity and buoyancy are two essential parameters for this effect and this is even more dramatic situation. So I think there should be some kind of way to do this correctly.

Thank you for your help

post-14228-0-75686600-1455974080_thumb.j

Hey, did you get this working in the end? I'm about to start a project which requires lots of smoke sims with very small sources, so I'm asking the same question...

Any advice would be appreciated!