Morpning

mookid

• 2 weeks later...

It would be pretty straightforward to take a 3D approach and make an OTL that applies an image to a grid with deformation controls. It could be set it so that the user defines where the splines go, where they move to, and over how many frames the distortion happens. The deformation could also be motion blurred if necessary.

stu

No *easy* way, no... To properly do morphing, you need a good set of interactive tools, so any VEX/VOP solution would be very cumbersome.

16584[/snapback]

Just curious, how do you grab the position of a rotoShape cv in VOPs in the imageContext?

I always get stuckwhen I go into VOPs at first...

should be straight forward.. makes me feel like I'm using Houdini for the first time or something :)

The only way of getting at the rotoshape CVs is through ch() expressions. The channels involved are:

numcurves             - total # of curves
c[index]numpoints     - total # of points in curve 'index' (index starts at 1)
c[index]pnt[p]        - point 'p' of curve 'index' (X,Y)

However, it would be quite a chore to get this information into VOPs, since it's all variable, and would have to be done in loops somehow. I can't think of any way to do it offhand.

The only way of getting at the rotoshape CVs is through ch() expressions.

Yikes.

That's a bit crazy.

I was looking through the stuff in 7 and saw the deformCOP, couldn't figure out how to make it work of course but the description was interesting.

I new you would have to loop it in VOPS for all the points and then you need to make sure the same number was being used for the two shapes. You "should" be able to do this in VOPS though.. it might slow but it should be 'doable'. You would need to construct a blendCOP to bend two rotoShapes together.

If HALO had a decent morpher, and a solid tracker people would use the thing.

There is a rumour flying around that Shake is going bye bye in the near future.

-k

Back in Prisms there used to be mojo, how come this never got ported to Houdini? Not enough demand I guess?

16593[/snapback]

I've asked about this before, in a thread quite some time ago. Infact, it was more or less because of this reason that I was wondering if that feature was still to be found anywhere in Houdini...

If HALO had a decent morpher, and a solid tracker people would use the thing.

I agree! Also an alternative keyer, like Primatte in NUKE and Shake.

There is a rumour flying around that Shake is going bye bye in the near future.

16842[/snapback]

Shake has been going bye bye since it's fruity take-over by a certain company which tends to laminate everything with a thick OpenGL-powered plastic coating... :(