RBD make breakable question

6ril

Hi, I'm struggling :/

I got a tall box (a building) I'm voronoi fracturing it.
I got on big chunk at the top and many smaller at the bottom.
I got a glue constraint network with some link deleted, so they can fall on the ground.

Now I'd like the big chunk to be breakable so it can fracture when hitting the ground.

So I use make breakable shelf tool and I would like to apply it to the big chunk only.
There is a group field at the yop of the "voronoi fracture configure object", but I just can't manage to select the big chunk only.

I should mention that I'm importing the fractured box as packed rbd. If I don't I have access to pieces in that group field, but with packed option, no more.

There's a s@name attribut, but I can manage to use it :/

I'll make a hip file soon, but in the mean time, if someone knows where is my mistake or a solution... :)

Edited by 6ril
typo

Hey Cyril,

I actually have never used the "Make Breakable" Functionality. My experience with testing with it tends to have yielded uncontrollable and unpredictable results. In your case mixing RBD and Packed RBD is not (easily) possible. 

check out this thread ( in the future I would recommended a more thorough search through the forums)

hey Andrew,

I've read (partially I admit) that thread. But since I've notice some changes between build 214 and 416, I thought they might affect this particular workflow with rbd.

before I couldn't dynamically break with packed and now since 416, I can.

anyway... I'm still searchin, but in case I made that thread, as it's a little different than that long one you mentioned, where it's covering many aspect (rebar etc.)

but if it's really redundant... then delete this thread.

Edited by 6ril

I read the whole thread (while caching), and even tho the methods used there are real nice and would allow what I'm trying to do, it is a little to complex for the simple destruction I'm doing.

there's easier ways, less efficient may be, but a lot more accessible for entry level users.

makebreakable is ok for my need at the moment, it has a learning curve to go through but after it's quite controllable.

I'm in a rush atm, but later I'll update and illustrate my point.

thanks,

it's actually mostly solved, so I'm planning to post the results and some of my conclusions about the usage of make breakable.

but, of course, I still have some questions .. I'll expose them too, later.

gotta finish this little project first, as it will be projected in a festival this weekend !  RUSH !!!!