Simple cooking workflow doubt

lisux

Hi all.

I've a doubt about what is the best workflow when cooking particles.

Every time i change a parameter in a POP i have to refresh, recook, all the simulation. Now i'm first reseting the animation to the first time, and then move to my desired frame. That i want to do is to cook the simulation to my actual frame but without the need of reseting the animation every time i change any parameter.

How can i do it?

Thanks

Hey lisux,

At the top of the POPs viewport, please unstow the bar & notice there's a button on the right? When you change a parameter, the button will turn yellow so just click on it to recook the simulation to the frame you're currently on.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!

steven

Hey lisux,

At the top of the POPs viewport, please unstow the bar & notice there's a button on the right? When you change a parameter, the button will turn yellow so just click on it to recook the simulation to the frame you're currently on.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!

steven

16700[/snapback]

Yeah! it works

Thanks Steven

Another doubt.

I've one desktop for particles, one for shading & lighting and one for ROPs.

I create my particle system, and every time i change to my shading desktop, the particle systems (that has been done in the particle dektop) is recooked, even more, every time i rerender, without changing the frame, the particle systems is recooked, this is very time consuming, is any way that allows to cook the particle system once.

How can i cache my simulation, so when i change to other desktops, or contexts it isn't needed a recook.

Thanks

up in the right hand corner, there's a drop down button that's defaulted to 'always'. That's your cooking options. Change it to what you need and you should be set.

16744[/snapback]

Thanks Deecue. Using the Always setting the cook when changing desktops is solved.

But when i rerender a cook of the simulation is done. For example if a modify a parameter of my shader and render, the simulation is recooked, every time i modify my shaders and render a cook is done. I think that if i'm modifiyng shaders parameters a cook isn't needed, the simulation doesn't need to be calculated.

It's possible to eliminate this "extra" cooks?

It sounds like you're changing a parameter on a SHOP that is being referenced by a Shader SOP that is upstream of your particle network. You could try just moving your Shader SOP to the last one in your network.

16764[/snapback]

Not the SHOP is referenced in the Object Shading tab.