Whitewater from Ocean Waves

jon3de

hey, 

I created some ocean surface with the ocean waves shelf tool. My goal is to have some whitewater and mist on top of that which is colliding with the pillar in the middle. I wanted to ask you if you have some tips in general for me what could be a good way to go.

I looked at the whitewater shelf tool but it works with flip simulations underneath and my setup is not simulated at the moment. I thought I create the ocean surface itself without simulation as the results are pretty nice and than some simulated white water and collision foam on the pillar...but I get a little stucked. Again I would be very thankful for some general tips about the workflow.

kind regards

Jon

So is this right if I say you have your basic Ocean ready with the ocean Wave shelf but not simulated. After that you create the Wave Layer Tank. In  ( wavelayertank_inital )  you replace/use your Ocean Spectrum Node from the Ocean waves shelf to get the right waves for simulation. This is the way I try it at the moment. Sorry for this confusing questions...

Jon