Best Particles and fluid simulation tool?

ISUther

Yes i replied to him.
Just now did not see that before.
I added him also pictures and requested informarion.
I hope he is able to help me out.
I knew that i have for sure wrong render settings as it is rendering too long.
To wait this to finnish to render i think takes up 1 month :)

I Have to say what  Johnny  said is true. I come from Maya and Houdini which by the way is awesome, I love the control that you have. but my mind still is on the Maya side, I still think sometimes "ok so I did this in Maya it was like #%#%$%$%" then I want to replicate the same in Houdini which you gotta have a completely different mindset. I've used Nuke for a few years now, and I can say that it definitely helped me to understand Houdini more. I always love node workflow in Nuke non destructive and that you can iterate ideas very fast which is the same in Houdini, I'm still waiting for Maya to come with some kind of Procedural workflow (which MASH give you a little taste) but it might take a while to get even close to Houdini if that happens at all.

Anyway I just want to say do not give up, is definitely worth the effort and the time that you put on learning anything new. 

Edited by Sepu

Thank you and i try not to. I see so much help from this community and in sidefx that is so awesome.
And people are not flaming me when i do something wrong.

I have to say that learning something new is not always good (example: I have worked over 6 years on IT Support. And for example when you have learned internal program and support to that program was your job and one day when company decides to close the doors as it does not do well and goes to bankruptcy for example or you want to switch company for some other reason you face the fact that the skills that you gained there (mainly for that internal program) is no use elsewhere as other companies do not use that program. 

Houdini is not a internal program so that is good so learning this program is huge value i hope.
As i am trying to change my career path. Video design, VFX, motion graphics something like that.
In time i hope i get better in this and understand nodes and everything better.
I am at the moment 34 years old so i hope it is not too late.
One factor i have and that is that i have to earn money same time when i learn Houdini and stuff like that.
As i have to eat and have roof over my head.
So meantime i have to do my IT support job until my skills are sufficient so that some design or commercial company takes me in.
Usually companies are searching for person who can do everything and they are not interested in people who are learning it.

@Hernan

After 1-1/2 years in Houdini most other 3D apps I've worked with over the years (Max, Maya, Blender) make me cry. It usually only takes minutes before I realize I have no access to anything, compared to Houdini, and panic starts to build.

I would say that is the most dangerous thing with Houdini, after you get a taste of the total control, there's just no way back. And I agree Nuke is yet another example of that as I had a similar experience migrating to Nuke, years back.

And I always tell the truth in here, I feel it would be counterproductive for me to come in here talking about my pet comodo dragon, I only do that out partying to impress women. :D

Edited by Farmfield
  • Like 1

Hmm seems that when i reduced reflection for rays it is rendering faster.
As when i went to sleep yesterday (or today morning :D  ) and when i woke up (like 8 hours later mantra had rendered 7 frames.)
I stoped render and started it again and now in 45 minutes it has all ready rendered2 frames and quality does not seem worse.
I add 2 pictures from TIF sequence one is where reflection was way higher and one where it set lower. Do you see a difference?

Logo_156.158.TIFF

Logo_155.tif