Looking for MOCAP as mesh for testing

Farmfield

So there's a ton of free MOCAP data out there but anyone got a source for baked MOCAP meshes or alike? I'm just looking for stuff to test "on top of", so I'm not particularly interested in messing about, converting bvh data for the default biped's, etc...

Or perhaps there's some alternative I missed? :)

I'm just looking for stuff to test "on top of",

That is why I was playing around with a script to try and fit BVH files to Make Human exports. I am looking for a way to have natural movement on various characters and have clothing react to that. The tool helps a bit. I'm just not that good at smoothing out the deformations after binding the mesh to the rig.

I posted four pre-converted BVH files at the above link. They are from the Carnegie Mellon University mocap collection, a salsa dance. The ZIP file contains a matched set for two mocaps, both male and female dancers.

Edited by Atom

A member on the Marvelous Designer forum posted links to both the Male and Female animated characters that ship with MD. Nothing spectacular just some runway walks in Collada and FBX format. But they should work well with clothing experiments.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1