Voronoi Cut plane offset inverse?

Hi,

I am trying to create the geometry left out after a voronoi cut plane offset on a planar geometry (box 2d voronoi). At first I thought this could easily be achieve with cookie but cookie is indeed very unreliable giving me sometime ok results and sometimes disastrous ones like the one I posted here. You can see my hip so far now...which works but like I mention the cookie makes the set up too volatile.

Anyone knows a better way to get the geometry left out by the cut plane offset function?

voronoi cookie..PNG

groundBreackV01.hiplc

Hi again....after a quick check now that I have sometime I came into one partial solution using for loop to delete each voronoi piece from the original geo. This produces a more stable set up and remains efficient with nr. of polygons. but I still find the cookie a bit too dangerous.....maybe is just me being paranoid:blink:

Anyway, if anyone wants to take a look at it here is the set up.

voronoiCutPlaneV01.hiplc

@Atom Yes, I figure out a sphere will not work, but for now my objective is to create the "left over geo" of the cut plane offset on relatively flat surfaces, walls, floor etc. But the curves surfaces and also volumetric voronoid (with inside smaller pieces) will be and interesting problem for the future.  As for your variation, srry if I didn't make it clear my objective is to get a solid geometry not only the surfaces. Pretty much as I show in the image below. 

The solver I have produce ok results but the cookie sop is unreliable...you can go ahead and see what happens if you push the scatter points to 200....

voronoiCutPlaneV02.PNG

voronoiCutPlaneV02.hiplc

Woohooo!!! I think I finally got a properly working set up for Floor and walls (cubes 2D voronoi) which was my main objective. This set up is a lot more efficient than the cookie method and a lot more accurate  as well. The only limit is the size of the bevel the "canals" will have. But that limit is due to the phisical limit of the polybevel SOP.  Also I can totally see an application to this on curved surfaces with some adaptation, but for now this is very good for flat surfaces. Like everything in Houdini is quite simple once you get your head around the issue. The poly number is minimum in this set up, which is allways a big plus for speed :) 

voronoiCutPlaneV03.PNG

voronoiCutPlaneV03.hiplc