Hair thickness issue

Hi, 

So I noticed that when rendering hair close to the surface, there is some kind of bluring effect. Even with large amount of hair this makes the render look like the character is bold right where the hair grow. How do I control this to look more real?

Here is the image:

n5dr4Rx.png

Edited by Juzwa

Hi.

Yestterday Ive spend some time on this and figure it out, at least half of the issue. So for some reason the hair is just penetrating the mesh. This happens whenever the guide is almost parallel to the surface. Increasing segments of the hair helps a bit, but even with segments set on 40 I still have visible penetrations. Maybe I should multiply the furdirection attrib, like 100 x ? Will try that later today.

As for the blurring effect. Yeah I tried different opacities but I didnt even see visible resaults

I think you are better of leaving the furdirection normalized. You got a pic or a hip file to share with the problem?

Regarding the blur... By default the hair shader is created with full opacity at the root. Are you sure nothing is happening if you set the opacity to all white?

Ive also noticed that the hair shader is reacting "strange" in some situations with the combination of opacity and diffuse limit above 0.