Ship sail RnD

CeeGee

Hi,

I wanted to create better setup then waveLayer and splash tank, so i manage to create my own guideLayer using mix of waveLayer and splashTank workflow
All sim details, core sim and foam sim count you can see on videos.

video01

video02

• Like 5

Looks great Igor.

So how do you get the FLIP sim strip to seamlessly integrate with the other surfaces? Is the larger ocean surface a sim too or just a deforming grid?

Untitled-1.jpg

I have not been able to find a good example or tutorial on how this is done. I have tried simply merging two resulting geometries together but there is always a seam were the edges meet.

5 hours ago, Atom said:

Looks great Igor.

So how do you get the FLIP sim strip to seamlessly integrate with the other surfaces? Is the larger ocean surface a sim too or just a deforming grid?

Untitled-1.jpg

I have not been able to find a good example or tutorial on how this is done. I have tried simply merging two resulting geometries together but there is always a seam were the edges meet.

Large ocean is plane with displacment, cut in middle where flip sim is.

you can find similar workflow in this tutorial https://www.fxphd.com/details/?idCourse=432 , this is complete tutorial for this kind of effect.

Yes in my sim splash go over, because this is just RnD, for final i would make bit bigger container and also stronger advection around edges to get better blending.

Most of my splashes come from simulation, only strong impact ones are doing using cookie from ship and ocean, and used that as extra emiter thats all, but most are from flip sim.

• Like 2