Sign in to follow this  
Atom

16gb Single Stick Non-ECC unbuffered memory?

Hi All,

I have 32GB of memory in my AsRock 970M Pro3 motherboard. I have 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix memory sticks. My motherboard manual claims that it supports 64GB which would indicate that I need 4x16GB sticks for an upgrade.

I have tried searching, via Google, to locate a vendor but no luck. All I have been able to locate is server memory which is ECC.

Does anyone know of a store that sells such a memory stick? I feel like I am looking for a Unicorn here...

Thanks for the info.

@Luke: Yeah, I am at the point of needing an entire new system and DDR4 platform looks like the way to go. I just don't have the funds for that right now and was hoping to max out my current motherboard for an upcoming fluid sim project. I would like to try and break the 32GB barrier to see what more complex fluid simulations look like.

@James: Thanks for the link. At a glance NCIX does not appear to offer any 16GB DDR3 Non-ECC unbuffered memory sticks either. They have DDR4 and DDR3 ECC. I wish I could just put server ram into my motherboard.