Modeled In Photoshop

Andz

Nice! Displacement-maps in Photoshop? Please show us the maps.

18704[/snapback]

Yes that is it. Attached are the maps converted to GIF. The brick texture are barely visible but they are there. The side of the building is using a negative value.

I think I'm having some "texture bleeding", the little noise on the top seems to be from the stairs on the bottom, and also on the side... seems to be some bleeding form the bottom door. Is that coming for some sampling filter on the map?

I also think that the texture resolution is too small, that might be cause the "out of focus thing".

Some new testing are on the way.

edit Also, is there a way to tell mantra that 50% gray is the "water level" and have white to add height and black to subtract?

post-847-1118626788_thumb.jpg

Hi, inside your displacement shader use the Shift Range VOP. Append it to the float that's driving your displacement and set the Destination Minimum from 0 to -0.5, and the Destination Maximum from 1 to 0.5. That should do it. :)

Hi, inside your displacement shader use the Shift Range VOP. Append it to the float that's driving your displacement and set the Destination Minimum from 0 to -0.5, and the Destination Maximum from 1 to 0.5. That should do it. :)

18728[/snapback]

Or, perhaps more inbtuitively:

Source Min: 0

Source Max: 1

Dest Min: -1

Dest Max: 1

Thank you DaJuice and Jason I'll check that tonight. All I did was use the standart VEX Displacement shder.

Any hints on the texture tiling-bleed thing? Or is it just my newb-bad-UV mapping?

You might try turning up the shading quality, you can find it on the render tab of your object parameters.

18769[/snapback]

Thank you Thank you sibarrick Shading Quality and Level of Detail did the trick for a more precise displace. I was just trying the Displace Bounds. Here is the update.

*still nome minor aliasing but that should disapear with texture maps and materials. But I still couldn't fix the tiling problem on the top.

post-847-1118874327_thumb.jpg

But I still couldn't fix the tiling problem on the top.

The tiling might be due to the wrapping mode of the texture() VEX function. You probaly want to use "decal" instead of the default "repeat". However, make sure that all your texture coordinates are strictly 0 to 1...