[SOLVED]VDB From Particles Too Buggy To Use?

Atom

Hi All,

I have a file cache of some whitewater particles. I am trying to use VDB From Particles to create a density volume so I can render them. However, as I scrub through the converted volume I see these giant white spheres sprinkled through out my animation. When I  inspect the particles I don't see the sphere, it only occurs after the vdbfromparticles node. I have tried tweaking values on the node but those giant spheres seem to persist.

Is there some other way to create a volume out of particles that does not require vdbfromparticles?

What causes those giant spheres to appear anyway?

big_spheres.gif

If I convert to polygons they are clearly there.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom

Well, I figured it out by inspecting the pscale attribute in the geometry spreadsheet. I sorted from highest to lowest value and sure enough there were a few large values of 0.3 at the top. All other particles have a pscale of 0.048. So my guess is that these large bubbles were the result of surfacing those larger particles. I just followed it up with a wrangle and the problem went away.

if (f@pscale > 0.1) {f@pscale = 0.048;}