Problem With Occlusion Pass On Certain Object

i have setup a basic scene so that i can render occlusion and colour passes.

the scene consists of:

2 objects

2 shaders, each has:

- occlusion parameter for export

- lighting model (i.e. diff, spec) parameter for export

1 (non-GI) light

1 mantra ROP, with 4 deep rasters setup to correspond with the 4 parameters from the shaders.

everything works perfectly when i substitute 2 spheres for my geometry, however when using my geometry (a curve -> revolve -> fuse; your basic revolved glass) the occlusion pass on that object does not render (or more accurately, it renders 100% black). ive narrowed the problem down to the geometry since it works with the 2 spheres.

ive exported the geometry as a .bgeo and imported again with a file sop. ive tried fusing and not fusing the points, checked for intersecting geometry -- everything i can think of. im not saying this is the case but it is almost as though my geometry is bugged. it works as intended if i use an irradiance VOP in the shader which further annoys me, since i want occlusion!

if i put a GI light in the scene and render everything in 1 pass - it all works.

i will post the scene tonight, as i know this probably isnt making much sense, but in case anyone knows WTF is going on here i thought id ask first? :) is there anything that would prevent a revolved curve from rendering the occlusion pass?

hi edward thanks for the ultra fast reply :)

long shots are fine i think thats what it will take!

pretty sure its not nurbs (i had tried adding a convert SOP (to polygon) and it didnt help).

no UV's ? interesting.. i did have UVproject SOPs on objects at one stage but had disabled them to help narrow the problem down.. i will definitely try this again.

cheers