particle collide problem

Follyx

Hi,

where is my mistake? Particle wont collide with the grid. They should slide or bounce. better both. And why I dont have a preview of my smoke sim?

Last but not least: Where I'm able to find detailed! Tutors with as muach as possible colliding stuff in it. Particles of course.

Thanks in advance.

RBD_shot_the_wall.hip

particles: Add a static solver to your particle dop network with the collision object of your choice. You just have added a collision detect which stores some hit attributes.

smoke: At first glance I think there is something wrong with your dynamic grid. I turned it off and set the bounding box to a proper size and I got some feedback. Maybe start looking there.

Jon

screen_01.JPG.709f220cf82033b30e9ff1dae5d20276.JPG

Don't even need a static solver, just merge in a ground plane (or other static object) with the right collision relationship on your merge. You can use your own grid I guess but if you want to represent an infinite floor its easier with a ground plane. 

• Like 1

checked it for 3 minutes this morning before work and didn´t  save at all. 

Do the following: Navigate to the pop network and hit the Ground Plane button in the shelf. Your particles should collide immediately with the ground.

In your autoDop network ( this one with the smoke sim ) just deactivate the auto resize fluid.... node. Resize your fluid Grid a bit. That´s all.

Jon

• 3 years later...

Hi. In case anyone else is experiencing this problem (Even though using static solver on the plane). The solution for me was:

1. In the AutoDOP network select the Grid static object.

2. In the Parameters go to the collisions tab.

3. In the collisions tab go to the RBD solver tab and in the Collision detection drop down, select use surface collision (instead of default)

Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 14.42.45.png

Edited by Arian S
Adding screenshot