Noise issue using Animated geometry as pyro Emission Source

MarXindia

Hi,

I am trying to use an animated geometry as emission source for pyro sim.The problem is when I check on the "use noise" option in the fluid source the noise is animatedting based on the animation of geometry, as the point positions are changing,where as I want it to remain static.Is there any way to use the rest position with this or any other option?

Thanks

Hi Arvind,

Firstly make sure ur animated geo has the Rest position attribute. Then dive into the Fluid Source node by Rt click - Allow Editing of Contents. You will find a SHOP node "volume_noise" dive in. Then on the "scalarvolumenoise1" activate the check box  "Use Rest". Hopefully that should do the trick.

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zeee said:

Hi Arvind,

Firstly make sure ur animated geo has the Rest position attribute. Then dive into the Fluid Source node by Rt click - Allow Editing of Contents. You will find a SHOP node "volume_noise" dive in. Then on the "scalarvolumenoise1" activate the check box  "Use Rest". Hopefully that should do the trick.

Cheers

I already tried doing that but it didnot work for me,my volume disappeared.To some extent I managed it by converting the rest position into a vdb vector attribute and using it as position for turbulent noise inside a volume vop to create the noise pattern.But, it didn`t give me the exact result  as the Position attribute inside the volumevop would give. Please check the attachment.

BloodyNoise_02.hip

Edited by MarXindia