Fluid Follow Curve

Hussein

There is also Force Along Length under the Global Forces tab at the top.

In the image I have notched the ramp for a short time to reduce force when the fluid approaches a curvy section of the line. This allows the fluid to more closely match curve shape, but does travel slower.

Untitled-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Atom said:

There is also Force Along Length under the Global Forces tab at the top.

In the image I have notched the ramp for a short time to reduce force when the fluid approaches a curvy section of the line. This allows the fluid to more closely match curve shape, but does travel slower.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thank you so much Atom didnt notice this before ...  but if iam not wrong this would affect all 3 forces (suction , orbit and follow ) any way to just make it work on suction ?

I was playing around with a similar file from the master class. If you keep Follow and Suction Scales equal to one another, together, they can be thought of as a general speed along line control. A little faster travel though the line leaves some stray fluid spray along the path.

You can get the masterclass files here:

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/houdini-illume-flip-fluids-part-two/

Untitled-1.jpg

ap_flow_flip_on_curve.hiplc

Edited by Atom

-convert your curve to a poly
-resample the curve and tick the Create U attribute
- map U attribute to a ramp
- bring in U attribute in the dopnet
- multiply suction by U in a wrangle.

first thing that came to my mind. The ramp now controls how the suction force should look along your curve.

should work. let me know if it does not

Edited by Jesper Rahlff
clarification

On 10/14/2017 at 4:04 PM, Atom said:

I was playing around with a similar file from the master class. If you keep Follow and Suction Scales equal to one another, together, they can be thought of as a general speed along line control. A little faster travel though the line leaves some stray fluid spray along the path.

You can get the masterclass files here:

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/houdini-illume-flip-fluids-part-two/

Untitled-1.jpg

ap_flow_flip_on_curve.hiplc

Thanks Atom for sharing this .. gonna try it :)

2 hours ago, Jesper Rahlff said:

-convert your curve to a poly
-resample the curve and tick the Create U attribute
- map U attribute to a ramp
- bring in U attribute in the dopnet
- multiply suction by U in a wrangle.

first thing that came to my mind. The ramp now controls how the suction force should look along your curve.

should work. let me know if it does not

map U attribute on a ramp through vop .. if iam not wrong .. and bringing it in DOP through Local Variable as $.. kinda lack in VEX dont know how to Code 

14 hours ago, Hussein said:

map U attribute on a ramp through vop .. if iam not wrong .. and bringing it in DOP through Local Variable as $.. kinda lack in VEX dont know how to Code 

you can just create the U attribute with the resample node and use that as 2nd input on the dopnet.

Then in your dopnet put down a popvop, go to Inputs and set input2 to be "Second Context Geometry".

dive into the popnet, import U attribute from second input and do your ramp magic multiply that to the suction force