Clean Growth PolyWires, Tutorials?

Jks27

I'm sure I'm not the only one who stumble across this image wondering how the heck he did it. I tried using those basic scatter commands, but it doesn't create clean lines.

If anyone knows where I can find tutorials to generate clean traces over geometry like this, it would be much appreciate, and the whole community will thank you.

IMG_1814.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi James,

Unfortunately I've already seen the clip previously, although its the closest, but it still isn't as clean as the image posted above, ive tried messing with all the parameters to smoothen it, but the results seem different. mmm.

Have you figure out how to make the Curl Noise very clean and smooth like the image above? I like to hear your take on it.

Edited by Jks27

• 11 months later...

The rendertime was a bit high i feel, a little under an hour. But since im not a renderguy and used no time on setting this up i guess there is alot of room for optimization, but the result was good for how little time i used. I added some backlightning in the shader and gave it some translucency so light would pass. I felt it got a bit dark without it. This also affected the rendertime, but i also suspect the big hit on the rendertime is because of gpu-ram. I also want to try the scene in arnold when i get the time for it. Ive tried rendering curves in Mantra before, and its incredible slow and the results arent that good right out of the box.

• 2 months later...