RBD packed object not inheriting pscale attribute

Toledor

Hi there.

I have a small issue going on. I have a source emitting boxes as packed rbds. The boxes have different sizes according to the pscale value and that attribute is stored in the packed prims in the assemble sop.

When I use a dopimport to read back the points and copy boxes on them, pscale value is gone, it looks like the dopnet didn't store it. Usually this is not an issue because the static geometry is transformed with the transform pieces sop. But here there's this issue with the pscale attribute.

I attach a very simple setup that shows the problem in action. Thanks a lot!

packedPscale.hipnc

Hi Jesper. 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know that solution. The thing is that my setup is a bit more complex than the example file I sent. I need the points fetched from the dop import to inherit pscale and other important attributes created in sop and then use those points to copy geo on each one.

according to the help file, setting the import style "create points to represent" it only keeps the important attributes such as position, rotation, etc. So I would assume it removes all other.

because if you look at the attributes your dopnet exports it does have pscale. so the problem lies with your dopimport.

well, you could set the import style to "fetch packed geometry from dop network" and then set display as "centroid", that leaves you with the points containing all the attributes. Because the copytopoints main input (input 0 ) is your geo you want to copy then it does not move the packed geo data from your sim through the stream. however if you are passing on this scene to someone, the add node after you fetched the geo is easier to understand.