Recreating C4D primitives

Isleofgough

I am trying to recreate C4D primitives in Houdini to use as digital assets. Some things (grid, box, sphere, torus, circle, tube, landscape, platonic) are already there, but several are not. I think I can figure out how to create a capsule and oil tank. I have figured out how to create cones and disc (see attachment) but not helix, n-side, or cogwheel. Has anyone created these assets?

disc.hiplc

cone.hiplc

cone.hiplc

Edited by Isleofgough
fixed cone

done helix here:

SESI has whacked it into 16.5 !!! (so you don't have to do anything, just drag out  a point SOP, use preset Line Y to Helix, create param sliders....how easy is that ?

Edited by Noobini

Thanks. I don't really understand the new point SOP or VEX, but I'm not getting a helix with one click (see attached). I tried to roughly recreate your capsule, since the digital asset is locked. It is not as good as yours, but close. I wish I could see the details on the nodes you used.

CapsuleMine.hiplc

HelixHoudini16_5.hiplc

Edited by Isleofgough

just rclick, Allow Editing Content...then it's unlocked

For the helix, as the name suggest, Create a line in Y direction (it's default anyway), make sure to give it many points like 100, coz by default it's got 2...you can't see jack with just 2 points....

so after you picked preset Helix, click the slider icon next to tthe dropdown list, it creates param sliders for you.

then you still won't see anything coz all the params are 0....just dial them up....

by default, the Width has the 1st point at 0, meaning the helix has radius = 0 at the bottom...you may want this or

drag the ramp point up to 1 so the graph is level, then you have an even helix

Edited by Noobini