Fractured piece to grains Effect

Hi,

I am doing a personal project of iceberg destruction, and i want one of the fractured piece to behave differently like when it lands on the ground. i want them to be very small pieces like  a dust. so i thought the best approach for that effect would be, make them to "grain". therefore, to get that effect, what i did was, i blast one of the piece from the simulation ,which i want them to be behave like a dust, on hitting the ground. unfortunately, i have noticed that ,since its a fractured and already has a simulation.  when i apply grain source , the grain source point moves in every frame as it goes to the ground. I know point deform would fix something like that. but since i am newbie, i dont know how to fix this.

I have attached  a test. please have a look. if you dont understand what i said.

Grain.hipnc

Try solving it in steps. Cache out your existing simulation then create a new scene and bring in that cache as a mesh sequence. At this point you can once again isolate that special fracture element and run your second simulation on that. Set the starting frame for this new simulation to be timed with when the fracture piece hits the ground.

10 hours ago, Atom said:

Try solving it in steps. Cache out your existing simulation then create a new scene and bring in that cache as a mesh sequence. At this point you can once again isolate that special fracture element and run your second simulation on that. Set the starting frame for this new simulation to be timed with when the fracture piece hits the ground.

I am sorry.

how do i bring in the cache as a mesh sequence?.