How to Visualize Wind Force DOP?

syntheticperson

I want to be able to visualize a wind force with noise I'm using to make a FEM object with branches sway in a DOP.
I tried to append a vector field visualization DOP and a scalar field visualization DOP.
I can't get either of them to show up.
I'd like to be able to display streamers that represent the wind, so I can adjust the size of the noise settings.
Has anyone gotten this to work?

you can control this through a wrangle at the SOP level or in dop you can use either gravity or a wind(fan) force and designate the force direction and value (x,y,z) i.e. (0,1,2). This will give you wind blowing north east or south west depending on where you place the force in the scene. ive used this to drive a billowy smoke sim to use it as a sand storm. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, but I want to be able to visualize the noise component of the wind force.
I need to be able to visualize the scale of the noise, in order to fine tune my FEM sim.
I'm trying to sim soft corals in a water current, and need to be able to see the scale of the noise, in relation to the coral branches.

• 1 month later...