Sign in to follow this  
yogeshdhuri

Can't render particles as volume.

Hi everyone. I am trying to render Houdini particles as volume. Volume appears in the viewport but cant be seen in the render. I created white water using shelf tool in another new scene and copied the network into my file. I am clueless about the problem. Please help. Thank you.

houdini.jpg

It looks kind of thin in the viewport, is it possible your density is too low in the new shader?

I tried pumping up the density from the shader. Even adjusted particle size to make it appear denser. But still no difference.

Hey everyone...apologies for replying so late. Got busy with work and completely forgot about this thread. So here is the progress on this shot...but none of them worked. So out of frustration, I discontinued it for a while:D. Then one fine day I copied all the render nodes into a fresh new scene file and tried a single frame render and VOILA! IT WORKED!!!! still, don't know how. probably some stupid mistake.

Here is the output:

Still found some issues like some particles shooting up weirdly. I guess it's a collision geo problem. I used VDB for collisions. You all are welcome to comment and provide your suggestions.

Once again really sorry for so late update. Thanks for all the help. cheers!

Edited by yogeshdhuri
grammer
  • Like 1