Baseball

stu

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I thought I already replied to this one. lol I think I am losing my head. Stu you did it again man I am seriously jealous. Holycow if you told people it was a photograph I would say 99 out of a 100 would believe you. lol I have nothing to crit its just freakin perfect man. Perfect I say. lol

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

• 3 weeks later...

Stu... i opened the scene just last night cause dunno why i didnt before...

man.... you made me think again.. road to be a master.. is looooong :) ....

what a damn cool way to model the ball :) this makes me figure that I still need to understand and better learn the use of basic tools ...

GREAT scene STu... once again.

cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks stu for the .hip file. I work for the Braves doing Maya work. I did kinda the same approach (folding up the stiches and leather). Though doing that in Maya just reenforces how weak the program is, i.e. no flexability after its folded up :P . Now I have to go back and rebuild it... hehe Mine didnt look nearly as clean as this. PROPS. looks awesome man :).

Thanks for your HIP file, stu! It's amazing how it all came together in the SOP network. I learned so much from this!

And it looks very cool. It makes me want to run my fingers along the stitching... :huh:

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you liked it. I happened to have a baseball sitting on my desk at the time and I thought that it would be a fun project. I still can't decide whether or not texture mapping the thread holes in the leather was cheating or not. :)

What to make next...

• 2 years later...