Boolean problems

Hi,

doing the "boolean or not boolean" tutorial from Steven Knipping (great men...).

Unfortunately there grown a couple of problems. Please have a look to my file:

- if I check/uncheck the "pack and imstance" option in the copytopoints1 the shading will change. Never recognized this behaviour. Is this normal? but if I pack them, the boolean wont work as expected.

- between the pighead and merge1 I have to drop a normalsop for the pighead, otherwise the pighead will loose its UV'S. Similiar with the sphere1 before the copytopoints sop. Why? 

In the Knippingvideo all works fine and I never watched such a behaviour by myself.

boolea_or_not_boolean.hip

Unbenannt.PNG

complement:

do I have to recompute the normals each time a point operation was before and does have a i.e. a polyspheer no normals by default? AND is there anywhere a switch, wich I activated accidently, to stop/start this behavior?

Edited by Follyx

In your "copytopoints1" node you have ticked on "copy Point Attributes" this will transfer N of the PigHead to your scattered Geo. This is why you shading is changing.

Uncheck or add "^N" to keep your normals. 

• Like 1