Cd attributes to stick to fluid sim

Hi everyone just a QQ, I'm playing with some variable viscosity on a fluid sim. I have a simple object (torus) that i've added some aa noise to to drive the viscosity, that's all fine but when i run the sim and the fluid drops to the floor the noise texture doesn't stick to the fluid particles. the particles pass through the noise texture and so their viscosity changes every frame. same happens if i just paint the color onto the geo, once the i start the sim the color attribute stays static in world space and the fluid just passes through it (if that makes sense). Anyway Im sure its something simple im overlooking but any help around how i can get the noise texture in sops to map and stick to the fluid in dops would be awesome.

Cheers.

I think if you store the original position as @rest. Then use @rest instead of @P in your aanoise, the texture should move as intended. Also, I think reseeding can still be kept on for this, as it will just interpolate the rest position from the rest positions around it.... But not 100% sure about that. 

• 2 weeks later...