growth propagation point attribute into opacity of shader

squidbean

Hello everyone, 

I am new to houdini, and I am trying to do something I think should be simple, but I can't wrap my head around how to set it up correctly so that it works. 

I want to transfer a point attribute from points generated on a source mesh, back onto set mesh or ideally into a redshift shader (RS_material) to control the opacity. 

I am trying to use the super cool tutorial below, and use the points generated to drive the reveal of a mesh through the use of the opacity channel in the redshift shader. I can't seem to understand how to set this up so that the parts that need to see each other can, and do I need to convert the attribute into something that can go from 0 - 1 and / black to white? I'm just a bit lost and im sure I over complicate things, so if anyone would please just point me in the right direction at least, it would be much appreciated. 

Like what is the general basic order I should of this?  mesh - generate points - I can see the attribute in my geo-sheet but now what?  attribute transfer I can't seem to use correctly :) 

Thank youuu !!!