Popups And Ie

Hi All

If you're an IE user, then please read this :

Last week we were the victim of a hack where someone placed a link to a malicious site into the forum's main page. If you browsed there with IE (or with your popup blocker disabled) then you would've been asked if you wanted to save a wmv file.

Please do not under any circumstances download the file. It more than likely uses a windows exploit to install a trojan on your machine.

The link has been removed from the page so we're safe for now, but apparently there is an undocumented hole which is affecting more than one forum software that allows people to do this. Until we find and plug the hole then this may continue to occur.

So my personal advice is to not use IE. If you can't then we apologise for the inconvenience and we hope we find a patch soon.

Thanks

The odforce team.

yeah that happend to me last week on my windows machine. The popup blocker blocked it but it still opened some sort of window with garbage in it. My antivirus software caught it and removed it though. It was happening when I clicked 'view new posts'. It's been ok for the past few days.