Create rotation control for polywire

evanrudefx

Hi, 

I am trying to set up controls for rotating the geometry created by polywire. I saw this post, but the scene doesn't work for me. 

https://forums.odforce.net/topic/25804-how-to-turnrotate-an-polywire/

I figured out how to gain some control by creating a local variable upvector and binding the joint up vector in poly wire to it. The part that confuses me is how to just create a slider that would allow me to continuously rotate, like in the example in my scene. 

Thanks in advance

rotate_polywire.hiplc

• 1 year later...
On 11-9-2018 at 3:37 PM, vicvvsh said:

Hi Evan,

I fix the scene from the topic that you pointed at and I added checkbox for only rotation or spiral. See red attribute VOP.

orient_polywire_sweep.hipnc

Just what I needed. I do have trouble understanding what you done in the AttribSop. As far as I do understand you need to alter the upvector on everypoint. Could you elaborate on how it works? if you have the time.

3 hours ago, Marcomeeuwse said:

Just what I needed. I do have trouble understanding what you done in the AttribSop. As far as I do understand you need to alter the upvector on everypoint. Could you elaborate on how it works? if you have the time.

I don't remember what exactly i did, this was more then one year ago. I copied "rotate_upvectors" attribute vop, cleaned it up  and added a checkbox, that's it. How it works? If i understood your question correctly it just multiplying rotation angle value to first component of @uv, which has value from 0 to 1. Then we multiply v@upvector by matrix which we are getting within rotate vop. 

• Like 1