Match Toplogy SOP

garf

I have two sets of geo - they have the same geo but the primnumbers have been changed in the second set. The Match Topology SOP does exactly what I want - which is to reorder the first inputs prims based on the second input, but it's very slow on a lot of data.

Any clues as to how I can either a) speed it up or b ) build a quicker one?

Tried using combinations of attribute copy/transfer and sort SOP but not to any success as yet.

cheers

You could try point deforming the first input with the second input instead. Then you don't really need to transfer anything. What is special about the second set that you need from it?

Edited by Atom

So you could still copy your original to the same deployment points and use a point deform to deform the originals from the plumage sim results.

The image shows a simplified setup for this. The time shift should be set to the first frame of the deformed animation. Then you can render the original and you don't have to re-order anything.

Untitled-1.jpg

Someone may be a solution for your original re-order request as well.

Edited by Atom

Thanks Atom,

That doesn't quite do what I want - the resulting geo does not match the deformed sim closely enough. This is because there's no useful frame to which I can freeze and make a rest.

As I said - Match Toplogy SOP does what I want - it's just seriously slow once I start getting to the number of feathers I want to be matching.

cheers