Find node from viewport selection ?

I created a gun like below, which is composed of many blocks.
Each block has created via 1 curve node. 

I want to find the curve node from viewport selection,
for example,
select points in viewport like this,  
User-uploaded image: image.png

and get the curve node (, which is the selection point come from, ) like this.

please tell me the way to do, if it is possible. 

On 12/10/2018 at 5:06 PM, onionmarktwo said:
I created a gun like below, which is composed of many blocks.
Each block has created via 1 curve node. 

I want to find the curve node from viewport selection,
for example,
select points in viewport like this,  

and get the curve node (, which is the selection point come from, ) like this.

please tell me the way to do, if it is possible. 

I don't think you can. This is a feature that is available at Scene Level AFAIK

BUT...

Let's say you want to tweak the curves, while having a node downstream set as the DISPLAY node.

The information you're looking for doesn't exist in Geometry Spreadsheet, so in a way it's lost, unless you  store it somehow. It's possible to have the node name displayed with Visualizers, attributes, point wrangles.. but it's intrusive, and it won't allow you to jump to it

However, you can use persistent handles. Go to the node(s) you want to tweak (later somewhere in your graph). Switch to handle mode, then right click on the handle. Enable persistent.

Now you can display another node, and still have the handles for that other node

Obviously the handle is unaware of anything that happens downstream, so if you transform the curve after that, the handle won't match the curve. You can mitigate that by templating the curve (violet button, second from right on the node itself) while you work on it.

Edited by AntoineSfx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Atom said:

Just move your mouse into the network view and press SPACE-G. You will "go" to the selected node.

I think he meant something like: for a given point, find the node the furthest upstream in which this point is created. I'm not sure this notion is well defined.

For example if you merge two curves, it would allow to change the selection in Network view to one of the two curves

I don't know a way to select something in Network view based on a selection in Scene View, (unlike at Scene level)

• Like 1

Yes,  what i want to do is "select something in Network view based on a selection in Scene View". so in my case, space-G doesn't work. but it is useful shortcut.  Persistent handles may be help.

I understand Houdini doesn't have such feature.  And now, I don't have to search the feature which does not exist, so your information saved me.

Thanks a lot !