viscous liquid optimisation

nemsi

Hi,

I would like to optimise my scene about what we call Pomme d'Amour in France ( an apple with red liquid sugar on it).

- I see jittering that i can't reduce.. how can I do?

- particles resolution is high, but at the end of the simulation it's seems to miss more resolution because the effect is too much blooby..

- Ho to add more definition like liquid creating some wave when sliding or more liquid on some part to feel more ripples..

Thank you for your help.

apple.jpg

PommeDamour.zip

Here is my tweak of your scene after playing around with it.

I turned on Reseeding to smooth things out and brought the main box area in quite a bit. The closer you can keep that box to the size of the maximum fluid the less you need very tiny particle separation.

The flickering is caused by the particle surface node. You may need to increase viscocity to keep the fluid from running completely off the collision object.

carmel_apple.gif

ap_PM_tmp.hiplc

Edited by Atom

Hey, how about add some gasturbulence to the flipsim to noise up the velocity, you can even set up a control field to control the turbulence field.

I attached a simple file of gasturbulence setup. Then what you can do to make it better is setup temperature to control the viscosity and make a noise volume filed to control the turbulence field.

Just my thought about this, hope it's helpful.

apple.hipnc

1 hour ago, nemsi said:

Hi Kfu,

I took your scene and modified it a little, great start tahnk you!!

If I would add some tendrils, how do you think i should do?

Thanks again for your time.

Nems.

Hi, take a look at this guy's video,you have to experiment it yourself with creating those custom fields. I assume you wanna get the shape similar to the 3rd or 4rd one?  To be honest I don't have a answer for your problem,pretty novice to fluid myself. Maybe I will try to replicate a bit on this.