Using Copy-To-Points with "Pack and instance" but keeping material and UVs on the source object

ron2812

Hello everyone!

I made an object with UVs and added a material attribute.
Now I want to use that object as source for a Copy-to-Points SOP and use the pack and instance option (since I wanna use instancing in UE4 for performance reasons).

But when using the "pack and instance" option, the UVs and material gets wiped. If i untick the option, everything seems to work.

Is there a way to keep UVs and attributes from the original for every instance?
Thanks!

Hi Drughi. Thanks for the reply!

I tried that - now the UV vertex attributes from the original is packed into 1 vertex attribute (the rest is basically deleted - no uv - just one uv point).
Plus when I activate the "pack and instance" on the copy-to-points this one attribute is deleted as well.

I think what I need is just to have instances of that ONE object as is - without packing? But I don't know if that works.

From a game developent perspective: when I use the HDA in the engine, I get instanced meshes from the ONE object I use with copy-to-points + "pack and instance"
This is great and fast!
But I need to assign a Material to that object that will be instanced several times and therefore will need UVs.