Physics Painter HDA

ChazS

There's a very helpful looking tool called "Physics Painter" but I can't seem to find/download/install it. Could be my fault since I've never tried downloading a tool before in Houdini. Here are the steps I took:

1. Launched Houdini v17
  2. Asset Browser :: Clicked in the window area which launches Chrome and takes me to www.orbolt.com
  3. Signed in via SideFX account
  4. Search engine doesn't find it
  5. Manual search doesn't either

Is this no longer available or am I looking in the wrong place? Here's the tool in question :: http://plugins.cgrecord.net/2018/03/download-physics-painter-for-houdini.html

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

14 hours ago, Sepu said:

Is part of the Game Development tools, have a look here

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/game-development-toolset-overview/

Thanks Sepu. I'd already been to that page and my confusion was with how to find and install it from there. In any case, according to the reply by Noobini it's already a part of Houdini 17. I appreciate the help nonetheless. 

13 hours ago, Noobini said:

it's already part of H17, no need to download/install anything (except when time comes for an update that is)

in Geometry context, rclick>phys

Hi Noobini (LOL, love the name)...

The only thing that pops up in the filter when I start to type "phys" is the pig head. I've manually looked through every window, and get the same unfortunate result.

By geometry context, is when the network window displays "geometry" in the top right corner of the window, correct? Sorry for the question, but I'm still just new enough to this all that I don't want to make any assumptions. Insofar, it's the only place that has anything to do with "Paint" (ie., Volume Paint...) but I don't see the physics painter anywhere.

I checked the sideFX site and verified that H17 is on the latest build (0.416).

2 hours ago, Sepu said:

Not sure if you really check the site. Anyways there is a video exactly telling what you gotta do. There are 3 ways.

I had searched there, but didn't have enough knowledge of Houdini to conduct a proper search. No matter now though, the toolset has been downloaded and installed thanks to this video and to you for guiding me to it. Cheers!

when you start up Houdini, you're at Objects level.

Just create one of them box/sphere/torus......whatever you fancy from the shelf....dive into the geo you just created, NOW you're in geometry context.....now Physics Painter is avail to you...

2 hours ago, Noobini said:

when you start up Houdini, you're at Objects level.

Just create one of them box/sphere/torus......whatever you fancy from the shelf....dive into the geo you just created, NOW you're in geometry context.....now Physics Painter is avail to you...

Good to know. Thanks Noobini.