Rendering Out Wireframe...

Thank you!

27831[/snapback]

Or another yet...make a vop shader with "boxes" node driving the bias of the mix node (set to 3d colour) and put the output of the mix into color of the output node. This won't give you exact wireframe because edges will not have same width but it can produce nice effects and is flexible.

Another would be to put carve sop onto all your geo, and add "width" attribute. I don't have an idea how to render hiddenline with it but you have total control over line width.

And there are some hardcore ways like applying polywire or wireframe.

By the way, is there a method for creating cop shader to render edges of constant width? I have some clues but nothing ready yet.

Another would be to put carve sop onto all your geo, and add "width" attribute. I don't have an idea how to render hiddenline with it but you have total control over line width.

27832[/snapback]

Just render the original geometry at the same time only use the peak sop to move it in slightly.

Check out the unroll edges option of the ends sop for opening polys up too. It's also handy when you want one object to display in the viewer as "wireframe" whilst the rest of the scene is shaded.

By the way, is there a method for creating cop shader to render edges of constant width? I have some clues but nothing ready yet.

27832[/snapback]

Have you read through the cartoon rendering thread there are some methods there that would work. Basically you'd be rendering every prim with a unique (id) colour and then using an edge detect cop or a convolution cop to outline them.

Have you read through the cartoon rendering thread there are some methods there that would work. Basically you'd be rendering every prim with a unique (id) colour and then using an edge detect cop or a convolution cop to outline them.

27835[/snapback]

Yes, I remember but I thought of some shader only method, the boxes are nice but it works better on quads:)