Vellum - make cloth 'stick' to entire collision geometry surface

Hi

Trying to create 'athletic tights' on a character. Think lycra. I've played with the Stretch Stiffness but doesn't achieve what I want.

Any Vellum experts able to suggest how to make your cloth stick to the surface of the collision geometry?

Edited by art3mis

Thanks. Always get the Stretch Stiffness and Compression Stiffness confused. My understanding is that you increase the latter when you want more 'detail' or fine 'wrinkles' in your cloth.

And why is the default Stretch Stiffness scale so high? ie any values less than a million don't even register on the slider!

15 minutes ago, art3mis said:

... And why is the default Stretch Stiffness scale so high? ...

to make the cloth not stretchy as a lot of real life fabrics stretch very little 

it of course has to have enough iteration and/or substeps to satisfy such constraints

Understood. But still makes it difficult to know what are valid minimum values.

So many parameters also have unexpected consequences when changing!

For instance I've discovered Cloth 'thickness' has a huge effect on collision for animated geometry and also whether the initial vellum solve works properly. Using .001 for normal scale characters at the moment.

6 minutes ago, art3mis said:

Cloth 'thickness' has a huge effect on collision for animated geometry

it does, but it's sort of logical

it's important to visualize the thickness (Vellum Solver SOP/Visualize tab or Vellum Object DOP/Guides or Vellum Postprocess SOP/Visualize), so that you can see how thick it is

you want to avoid anything that's thicker than most edge lengths as that would produce constant self intersections and slow your sim down or introduce artifacts by trying to resolve those