UV layout pack by Prim

Mjag07

So I have a model that I would like to pack the UV mapping across UDIMs in a certain way. Now I can pack as needed with the uvlayout node across around 10 UDIMs.

The issue is I need to have the primitive all mapped in the same grid not packed over 3 UDIMs.  I would think there is a setting to keep islands of a particular primitive together in the same grid.

Either way, I hope this makes sense and any help would be much appreciated.

I looked at the popup dialog and it still doesn't seem to work.

I do have a question you would have to do this per primitive to keep things together.  I may be looking at it totally the wrong way. 

Do you by chance have an example of the packing override?

Tomas, I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me.

Awesome thanks for the example file. 

It's working per name dropping each mapped primitive on one udim. Not really what I had in mind but it will work. 

My idea was it would be able to pack the mapped primitives together across several udims.  Not necessarily one primitive per UDIM.

The reason I need to keep the primitives together is substance painter does not like primitives across several UDIMs. 

Either way, if there's no other workaround I can work with what you showed me already. Again thanks for the time

Mike

why don't you use more UVLayout nodes? just split your geometry into desired geometry pieces, UVLayout each of them separately to whatever number of udims you want, and then just offset individual UV sets to where you want them.

• Like 1