Sign in to follow this  
Anne Sofie

How to delete unwanted polylines without deleting corners

Hi all i am currently making my graduation project in Houdini which is a tool that should be able to create a city procedurally. I am still quite new in this area so i am not sure how to solve this problem. I have created points by using a scatter with color as density so the point positions resembles the roads i want to make, next i have made polylines depending on the distance of the points and i have been able to clean most of it with a fuse. My problem is that i want to delete the last polylines that doesn't belong to the road curve but i do not want to delete corners. Thank you in adwance.

cleanUp.PNG

roadCurveFromPoints.hipnc

Hi can you put the file you have on your hard drive please:

manhattenBlack.PNG

`"E:/skrivebord/Sem6/CityTool/manhattenBlack.PNG"`

Do you want to delete  all of those type?

M

Yes i want to delete all of the same type procedurally so it works even if the picture changes to a different roadmap.

manhattenBlack.PNG

This is a very complicated problem, if the data you start with is not already pretty good.
If you can also make something like that work well at different resolution scales, you are a super genius.

The most straightforward way would probably be to use a lot of smoothing (using various constraints)
in combination with fuse nodes progressively increasing in fuse range.

Edited by acey195