Transform RBD by Transform Matrix

Hans Peter

Hey there, 

I attached a simple file hoping someone of you has a quick idea on how to fix that. So basically I`m trying to run some RBD on a transformed collision object and then transform the RBD part pack to a non-transformed version of the collision geo. ATM I have to do some extra manual stuff to fit it but that shouldnt be necessary I guess. The point here is that I wanna avoid workflows involving the point deform on purpose. 

Thanks guys

transform.hipnc

Hey,

if i understood you correctly you can just use a transform Sop. i.e. if you rotate a collision geo 30 degrees around Z axis before simulation, then after simulation just rotate all simulated geos back -30 degrees around the same axis.

Much simpler, good direction :) I used a transform sop, placed a reference copy of it under the sim and ticked on "invert transform". Works for my scenario but still would like to know how to get it working procedural with transform matrixes. 

Lets say I have a couple of shots and a lot of geometry. I dont wanna place a tranform every time, do a -centroid, adjust the rotation manually, do a reference copy undo the -centroid expression to avoid jiggling etc. 

Edited by Heraklit

2 hours ago, Heraklit said:

Lets say I have a couple of shots and a lot of geometry. I dont wanna place a tranform every time, do a -centroid, adjust the rotation manually, do a reference copy undo the -centroid expression to avoid jiggling etc. 

If you have a non-transformed version of collision geo from the very beginning you can make a pack primitive from it and then transform. You get transform matrix for free from primitive intrinsic "packedfulltransform".

transform_01.hipnc

What he does in that video is more or less what I`m doing ATM. Just his aproach isn`t too procedural since he is choosing points for vectors manually. So I tried the primintrinsics but get pretty much the same result as with creating the matrix from polygons. I can push the geo back to 0. Its just not negating the rotation as well.

So, added this file again. ran the sim on the inverted transform version of the collision geometry. then I`m trying to apply the stored matrix value on the RBD. This is doing something but defenitely its not getting the rotations right. 

transform.hipnc

Edited by Heraklit