rbdmaterialfracture node wood properties produce some artifacts

hideoncyka

Hello everyone,

I don't know if it's right place for that post, but I run into some issue using the  new rbdmaterialfracture node, especially the wood material property, I tried fusing the vertices, polyfiling, polydoctor, divide sop and even clean, but still in some places it produces such results.

after - https://imgur.com/a/Fmg3Icc

before - https://imgur.com/a/CJKv6gd

Thanks,

it should work if you have separate pieces...but if you've merged several pieces together, then the combined bbox's longest dim will determine the grain direction (same as a tree, the grain goes along the longest dimension, not across the tree like its diameter). So if it's perpendicular to your hero piece, best to do it separate for your hero piece. In the below pic, if the cross beam at the front is so long, it will sabotage the grain for the other pieces...

WoodGrains.jpg

Im using the bbox option to determine the axis of alignment for grains. I just did drop a connectivity sop and iterated over all of the pieces using class attrib in foreach loop, so I guess the pieces supposed to be seperated. As I mentioned sometimes using fuse and clean sop solves the issue so I assume the geo isn't clean, as the rbdmaterialfracture node uses booleans to cut the pieces. Do you know any other methods of cleaning up geometry before throwing it via booleans ?